During the 2015 APPMA Annual General Meeting I had the opportunity to present the Board’s plan for the growth of our Association. I would like to share with you what the Board has been working on for the last 12 months and what we see as our future plans.
The core objectives of the APPMA are to Promote, Integrate and Foster participation and development within the Packaging and Processing Industry. The APPMA has achived this in 2014/15 through the following areas of focus:
• AUSPACK 2015
• Packaging and Processing Week
• Education and Scholarships
• Recognition of Industry Achievements
• APPMA Awards of Excellence
• APPMA Brand and Recognition
• Membership Benefits and Growth
• AUSPACK 2015 – exhibitors, attendee’s and sponsors
• Record breaking.
• Over 7,000 visits, 385 Exhibitors including 68 member companies and 127 International companies.
• Record VIP Qualified Buyers.
Packaging and Processing Week
• Next Phase (4 days, 40 speakers, 8 countries.
• Incorporated the National AIP Technical Forums during Packaging and Processing Week
• Gone from 1 to 2 Scholarships with the AIP.
• Scholarship Expansion – Alysha Baggett Packaging Technologist and Alexandra Brayshaw – Accessibility Design Researcher.
• Industry Excellence Awards.
• 5 categories.
• Opened up to members and non-members. Industry as a whole.
APPMA Branding and Recognition
• Alliance development with PMMI and AIP which included Pack Expo.
• In conjunction with PMMI and Euromonitor Sponsor Report for Growth Markets for Packaging
• Continued support of Foodbank
• Sponsorship of the Food Magazine Awards
Delivering Member Value
• Networking events (members dinners, guest speakers, etc. over 650 member attendee’s during the year)
• Members Directory – 7,000 printed and distributed
• Member advertising and promotion – Website, Advertising,
• AUSPACK packages and benefits
• Alliance and Sponsorship benefits e.g. AIP/APPMA Technical events etc.
• Packline Newsletter.
• Circulation of enquiries and distribution opportunities
• Expanded to 100 members (11 new members)
• Ongoing improvements as we evolve the Association
• Increase our Initiatives.
• Strong financial position.
SO WHAT IS NEXT?
• Continued focus on improving existing including
• Expanded Education and Sponsorship Programs
• AUSPACK 2017 planning has already commenced.
• Packaging and Processing Week Development.
• APPMA attendance at PACK EXPO and PRO PACK
• Membership Drives
• Access to industry information
• Operational developments
The industry keeps changing and evolving. The APPMA needs to evolve with it. Need to move with the times. Stay relevant to our industry and our members.
In the process of developing a strategic 1-5 year plan. Focus being:-
1/ How to continue improving and delivering member value
2/ Exploration of activities to best support and improve the Packaging and Processing Industry.
Well positioned to take the next step.
Watch this space with updated communications, Packline as we continue:
Promoting, integrating and fostering participation and development within the Packaging and Processing Industry
Thank you to everyone for coming and supporting YOUR APPMA.
Mark Dingley – Chairman