The Association is a voluntary non-profit organisation of Australian companies that manufacture and/or import packaging and processing machinery and allied ancillary components and provide related goods and services.
The Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association was established in 1983 and incorporated November 8, 1990 under the National Companies and Securities Commission as a Company Limited by Guarantee.
The objectives for which the Association is established are:
- To control, promote, integrate and foster participation and development at all levels of the packaging machinery industry in Australia;
- To serve as a professional institute;
- To advance the science and technology of packaging and packaging machinery;
- To encourage and promote the study of packaging and packaging machinery technology;
- To promote and encourage a suitable Code of Ethics for the Members;
- To organise and conduct exhibitions, seminars and educational facilities;
- To promote and encourage the use of standards of packaging and packaging machinery;
- To act on behalf of Members of the Company in dealing with Governments;
- To bring to the attention of potential clients, the benefits of dealing with Members;
- To liaise with similar organisations in Australia;
Member companies are encouraged to work together to solve common problems, engage in joint activities and contribute to the Association; all of which are designed to improve the knowledge of the industry among its many markets.
The Annual General Meeting is usually held in September each year and attended by representatives from Member companies. The meeting conducts elections for office bearers, considers reports from the Executive Committee Members and discusses general business relating to the packaging machinery industry.
The Association conducts Member Networking Dinners in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide in a business and social environment to discuss aspects of the industry and its relation to Members conducting their own businesses.
The Association is funded by Members’ subscriptions and the conducting of the internationally renowned packaging and processing machinery exhibition, AUSPACK.
The contribution by the Association Executive Committee significantly supports the efficient conducting of the Association’s affairs.